Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dan Witz

For those of you who aren't familiar with Dan Witz, I hope you will be a fan after you see the hyper-realistic pieces he paints on the street. They are usually tiny and take ages to paint but the realism he can put into his work makes finding these gems worthwhile. I wish I could see one in the flesh! Visit his website and marvel at the actual length of time he has been getting up for.







Dan Witz Words:
"I have to admit that with all the media attention on street art lately, when planning this summer's work I was feeling some pressure. All my grand schemes and ideas began to feel suspiciously self conscious. So for 2005's campaign I decided to get outside my comfort zone. I abandoned the airbrush and my usual bag of illusionistic parlor tricks and tried to keep it simple

Also, conceptually, I figured I'd squeezed the old 'Challenging The Integrity Of The Picture Plane' game pretty dry and should move on to uncharted-or less charted waters. But, this, alas, was not to be, so I thought it might be amusing to actually turn the wall into water, an idea which (besides being self conscious in a positive way) seemed to satisfy my formal needs, and some current personal narratives as well."

www.danwitzstreetart.com
Images and text copyright of Dan Witz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is some wicked stuff!

Dee said...

wow, cant wait till i find a gorgeous thing like that in real life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...