Monday, March 29, 2010

Dreamscape Paintings By Zhou Fan


Contemporary Chinese artist Zhou Fan's fantastical paintings make me jealous that my dreams don't look like this! Does it remind anybody else of Spirited Away?

A series of my paintings is based on dreams that I had as a child of many many jellyfish floating in the sky, some of which fell to the ground on parachutes and became mushrooms. These dreams had a strong impact on me, and I remember them vividly. Somehow I feel that it is easier to focus on dreams than reality. In one particular painting, there is a boy crying because he keeps things within him, is easily sad, and he refuses to face reality.




Zhou Fan is a rising star and is attracting some good attention - watch this space...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...